Please read carefully through the Rules and Regulations below before you register for any race in Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2016.
You must accept the conditions in order to register for the events.
Rules and Regulations of the Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2016
1. YELLOW RIBBON PRISON RUN 2016 is organized by the CARE Network and is referred to collectively as “The Organiser” in accordance with the YELLOW RIBBON PRISON RUN 2016’s Rules & Regulations, sanctioned by the Singapore Athletic Association (SAA).
2. Completion of the official Application Form, including online registration, confirms the Participant’s agreement to abide by the relevant rules and regulations of the SAA (Please refer to SAA’s official website).
3. Whilst every reasonable precaution will be taken by the Organiser to ensure the Participants’ safety, Participants run at their own risk and the Organiser will not be responsible or held liable for any loss or damage, personal or otherwise, injury or death, howsoever arising during participation in the race. Participants are strongly encouraged to go for a medical examination and/or consult their medical practitioner prior to registration and before the actual race day.
4. Due to safety reasons, pets, bicycles, in-line skates, prams, push carts, shoes with built-in or attached rollers and any other wheel-run objects are not allowed on the course other than official race and medical vehicles.
5. All participants are responsible for their own safety during the event. All participants must also observe traffic regulations.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of Participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the YELLOW RIBBON PRISON RUN 2016, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising and distribution to sponsors and partners.
7. Participants must wear the assigned bib number on his/her chest. Participants who are not wearing a bib number will be taken off the course by security officers.
8. The Organiser reserves the right to limit and/or refuse entries without giving any reason.
9. A Participant must retire from the race immediately, if required to do so by any member of the official medical staff, Race Director, Referee and/or Security Officer.
10. The Organiser will not entertain nor be in any way responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete registration details.
11. Once registration has been duly processed, there will be no fee refund for participants who do not eventually take part in the event for whatever reason.
12. Participants below the age of 16 are required to seek parental/guardian consent and fill up the relevant indemnity declaration forms as deemed necessary by the Organiser upon online registration. Failing which, the Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to any participant.
13. There are two (2) divisions – 5km Walk and 10km Competitive Run. In addition, there are two (2) categories for the 10km run. 10km – Competitive (Men & Women)
14. Race category and race entry are strictly non-transferable.
15. Participants who commence before the actual start time of the race entered for will be disqualified.
16. Only the timings for the first 30 runners will be recorded in each category.
17. Each winner is allowed only one prize-money award.
18. For prize winners or possible prize winners, disputes and appeals must be made on-the-spot within 30 minutes of the published results on the results noticeboard on-site or immediately after the prize presentation, whichever is earlier.
19. Participants must be present to claim their prizes during the prize presentation, failing which the prize will be forfeited.
20. All Participants who successfully complete the race in their elected category will be awarded an e-Certificate which will can be downloaded from the website shortly after the race.
21. For all other Participants, disputes and appeals regarding the results must be submitted in a written format, including electronic mail within 7 days of race day. The Organiser reserves the right not to entertain any dispute or appeal after the stated period.
22. All Participants shall collect their race packs that include the bib number and T-shirt on the Race Pack Collection Day. If Participants are unable to collect their race pack in person, they may appoint a representative to collect on their behalf. Note that the representative is to produce their identity card/photo ID. No late collection will be entertained. Race packs which are not collected after the collection date will be deemed as property of the Organiser who reserves the right to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
23. Participants, who have been issued number bibs of the wrong category, are required to bring it to the attention of the registration officials prior to the commencement of the race on the race day.
24. Each appointed representative can collect up to a maximum of six (6) race packs including his own race pack if he/she is a registered runner.
25. Please note that no changes in T-shirt sizes and race category will be entertained during the race pack collection.
26. Runners are reminded to bring their e-receipt together with their identity card/photo ID to collect the race pack. If you have misplaced the e-receipt, you can contact the Organiser for a duplicate copy.
27. There will not be any on-the-spot registration on the race day.
28. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel, postpone or change the venue, date and time of the Event. There will be no fee refund if the event is cancelled for whatever reason.
29. In the event of inclement weather, the Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race. Should the inclement weather persist after delay, the Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event without any refund of registration fees already paid.
30. The Organiser reserves the right to amend any rules and regulations without prior notice.
31. Failure to observe the rules and regulations shall result in disqualification and no refund will be given.